Some bored San Franciscans have apparently put a modern, urban twist on the rural pastime of cow tipping. Instead of working together to push over cows, these people are instead flipping over Smart cars.
Sometime late Sunday or early Monday, vandals tipped over three of the tiny vehicles throughout the city, NBC Bay Area reports. Witness Brandon Michael said he was out for a cigarette around 1 a.m. and saw a group of about six or eight people, all wearing hoodies, gather around a Smart car and lift it up. Michael told NBC that the vandalized vehicles remind him of “dachshunds sitting up on their hind legs,” which is a very vivid and poetic description.
No arrests have been made, as police are still investigating.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating