Some bored San Franciscans have apparently put a modern, urban twist on the rural pastime of cow tipping. Instead of working together to push over cows, these people are instead flipping over Smart cars.
Sometime late Sunday or early Monday, vandals tipped over three of the tiny vehicles throughout the city, NBC Bay Area reports. Witness Brandon Michael said he was out for a cigarette around 1 a.m. and saw a group of about six or eight people, all wearing hoodies, gather around a Smart car and lift it up. Michael told NBC that the vandalized vehicles remind him of “dachshunds sitting up on their hind legs,” which is a very vivid and poetic description.
No arrests have been made, as police are still investigating.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org