Target, which is suffering from weak sales, is hiring 70,000 in-store workers in preparation for the holiday season; unchanged for the fourth straight year. The company does, however, plan to hire 7,500 workers for its distribution and fulfillment centers, which is 1,000 more than last year.
Over the 2015 Black Friday weekend alone, Target employees served more than 446 million customers, and fulfilled more than 1 million online orders and “ship from store” orders, according to a company statement.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction