The trailer for the Ruth Bader Ginsburg documentary RBG has arrived — and all are now hailing the cutting words, longstanding wisdom and aspirational exercise routine of the beloved Supreme Court justice.
Ginsburg has held her post in the highest court in the land for decades, and it’s no secret that at 84 years old she’s still in great shape, thanks to a committed workout routine. (There’s even a book published on her hardcore fitness plan.) In the new trailer for RBG, which hits select theaters on May 4, we get a glimpse into what that entails: lifting weights and holding planks for core strength are clearly a major component.
Even her friends and contemporaries are impressed by RBG’s strength. “I’ve heard that she does 20 pushups three times a week or something, I mean we can’t even get off the floor, we can’t even get down to the floor,” one laughs. “That’s true,” the other corroborates.
“When you come right down to it,” another woman notes, “she’s the closest thing to a superhero I know.” In other words, Ginsburg serves as both fitness inspiration — and life inspiration, working tirelessly as she has to forward civil rights and gender equality over her extensive career in law.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time