The fashion industry often gets a bad rap for being stuffy sometimes, but this fashion label’s Disneyland runway show proves that good style and fun can go hand-in-hand.
Cool kid fashion brand Opening Ceremony has never shied away from the unconventional when it comes to showing their latest collections; in the past, in lieu of traditional fashion shows, they’ve shown their wares via ballet performances and interpretive dance and this year, they took it a step further by staging a full fashion show at the happiest place on earth, Disneyland.
The show was held after-hours in the theme park’s “Toon Town” and featured Opening Ceremony’s latest collection, a collaboration with Disney in honor of Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday. Models accessorized their Disney-inspired looks with buns reminiscent of mouse ears and Mickey Mouse manicures as they took to the runway. Later, Mickey and Minnie Mouse even took a turn on the runway in Opening Ceremony garb, flanked by a festive marching band.
Mickey and Minnie weren’t the only celebrities spotted at Opening Ceremony’s show that night, however; guests included Chance the Rapper, Laverne Cox, Maya Rudolph, Fred Armisen, and Diplo.
Watch the full show below.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time