When Aspen Cline wanted to celebrate her birthday by placing her Starbucks order on the back of her horse, Scout, she was refused service by the barista working the drive-thru window at the Anthem, Ariz., location.
“Starbucks in Anthem refused to serve us or even take our order,” Aspen’s mother, Tandy Cline, wrote on Facebook. “This has been a dream of my daughter’s for 4 years, finally for her birthday we made it happen and are immediately rejected. We asked why and were ignored. Is there a legitimate reason this is not allowed or just poor customer service?”
However, Aspen’s story ended up going viral, prompting the coffee giant to give her a chance to recreate the experience—but this time with a different result. The store’s district manager reached out to Aspen the following day to invite her and her horse back to the drive-thru, according to ABC News.
“It was pretty exciting, though my horse did try to eat my caramel Frappuccino,” Aspen said post-Starbucks run.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve