When Aspen Cline wanted to celebrate her birthday by placing her Starbucks order on the back of her horse, Scout, she was refused service by the barista working the drive-thru window at the Anthem, Ariz., location.
“Starbucks in Anthem refused to serve us or even take our order,” Aspen’s mother, Tandy Cline, wrote on Facebook. “This has been a dream of my daughter’s for 4 years, finally for her birthday we made it happen and are immediately rejected. We asked why and were ignored. Is there a legitimate reason this is not allowed or just poor customer service?”
However, Aspen’s story ended up going viral, prompting the coffee giant to give her a chance to recreate the experience—but this time with a different result. The store’s district manager reached out to Aspen the following day to invite her and her horse back to the drive-thru, according to ABC News.
“It was pretty exciting, though my horse did try to eat my caramel Frappuccino,” Aspen said post-Starbucks run.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World