The answer, we now know, is a psychedelic new ad for Apple’s HomePod, which stars the charismatic Twigs as a corporate drone finding escape in some Siri-suggested music once she makes it back home.
While, yes, this is an ad for the splashy new HomePod — “Hey Siri, play me something I’d like,” she asks as soon as she gets in the door of her apartment, sounding fragile — it’s also a four-minute music video that shows off her distinctive dance style to “Til It’s Over,” a new song from the Grammy-nominated rapper Anderson .Paak. By the end, of course, she’s found some relief and joy in her own company. HomePod: apparently it makes us feel less alone. (And it’s not a bad DJ, either.)
The multi-talented FKA Twigs first released a well-reviewed album in 2014, followed with a few projects through 2016, but has been fairly absent from the music and video scene over the last few years. So fans are thrilled to see her making a splash in this new piece.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow