Like people across Philadelphia, Kevin Hart was very, very happy when the Eagles won their first-ever Super Bowl. And like many people across the country, he was pretty drunk, too. That is part of the reason why the actor and comedian tried to get on the podium at Super Bowl LII just as the Lombardi Trophy was being presented to the Eagles.
Hart stopped by Conan on Monday and laid out the whole story, explaining how he decided to get up on the podium with his beloved Eagles, and then swing past the NFL Network, swear he wasn’t drunk, drop an F-bomb, and then walk off in the middle of the interview. “I was a little thing called, uh, intoxicated,” Hart explained.
Hart watched the game in a suite and when the Eagles took the title, he decided that he wanted—no, needed—to celebrate with the team. However, he didn’t have the proper credentials. Turns out that when you’re Kevin Hart, you can simply yell “I’m Kevin Hart!” and people will open doors for you. So that’s what he did until he reached the podium and security wasn’t falling for the act anymore. Otherwise, Hart would have definitely held the trophy. The story is almost as good, though.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org