Other than climbing over chairs holding a glass of wine, J-Law took a moment to laugh at her best friend and seat-neighbor Emma Stone during Jimmy Kimmel’s opening monologue. Kimmel’s speech began by making fun of last year’s Best Picture mix-up when La La Land was called instead of Moonlight. “This year, when you hear your name called, don’t get up right away. Just give us a minute. We don’t want another thing,” he said.
Kimmel’s inevitable mention of the “unfortunate” mistake caused Lawrence to point at Stone, who appeared to be stifling a laugh. This moment proved to be another cornerstone in Lawrence and Stone’s epic friendship, and the Internet fully agreed.
Lawrence presented the Oscar for Best Actress alongside Jodie Foster. Stone made a statement during her Best Director announcement when she said, “These four men and Greta Gerwig created their own masterpieces this year.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow