Other than climbing over chairs holding a glass of wine, J-Law took a moment to laugh at her best friend and seat-neighbor Emma Stone during Jimmy Kimmel’s opening monologue. Kimmel’s speech began by making fun of last year’s Best Picture mix-up when La La Land was called instead of Moonlight. “This year, when you hear your name called, don’t get up right away. Just give us a minute. We don’t want another thing,” he said.
Kimmel’s inevitable mention of the “unfortunate” mistake caused Lawrence to point at Stone, who appeared to be stifling a laugh. This moment proved to be another cornerstone in Lawrence and Stone’s epic friendship, and the Internet fully agreed.
Lawrence presented the Oscar for Best Actress alongside Jodie Foster. Stone made a statement during her Best Director announcement when she said, “These four men and Greta Gerwig created their own masterpieces this year.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization