Other than climbing over chairs holding a glass of wine, J-Law took a moment to laugh at her best friend and seat-neighbor Emma Stone during Jimmy Kimmel’s opening monologue. Kimmel’s speech began by making fun of last year’s Best Picture mix-up when La La Land was called instead of Moonlight. “This year, when you hear your name called, don’t get up right away. Just give us a minute. We don’t want another thing,” he said.
Kimmel’s inevitable mention of the “unfortunate” mistake caused Lawrence to point at Stone, who appeared to be stifling a laugh. This moment proved to be another cornerstone in Lawrence and Stone’s epic friendship, and the Internet fully agreed.
Lawrence presented the Oscar for Best Actress alongside Jodie Foster. Stone made a statement during her Best Director announcement when she said, “These four men and Greta Gerwig created their own masterpieces this year.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time