Tiffany Haddish fulfilled a lifelong dream at the 90th annual Academy Awards on Sunday night when she finally met Meryl Streep.
Haddish, whose Oscars outfit honored her Eritrean culture, had told reporters she desperately wanted to meet Streep—in part because she hopes that the legendary actor will play her mother in the sequel to last summer’s hit, Girls Trip.
Haddish got her chance to convince Streep to take the role in person when she spotted her on the red carpet. Haddish ran and climbed over a rope to give The Post actor a hug. As they embraced, Haddish reportedly yelled, “You’re gonna be my mama!”
No word yet on whether Haddish’s pitch was successful. In the meantime, Streep can look forward to another promising night at the Academy Awards. She is nominated for her 21st Oscar Sunday night—a new record.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body