Over the weekend, a woman in Massachusetts was in her upstairs bedroom when she heard loud banging noises downstairs. She did what most of us would do: she assumed someone had broken into her house and promptly called the police.
But when officers arrived at the scene, they saw no signs of a break-in, the Associated Press reports. What they did find, however, was a soot-covered wood duck. He apparently got into the woman’s home through the chimney (hence the soot) and then made a bunch of noise. One of the officers managed to catch the animal and release him into a nearby pond.
This is good news for anyone who’s heard a strange noise in their home at night and automatically assumed it was a serial killer or smartphone thief. Now we know that those noises could simply be coming from a confused duck.
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space