1. For children, equality matters more than income.
By Livia Gershon in JSTOR Daily
2. We need the singular ‘they’ – and it won’t seem wrong for long.
By Stephanie Golden at Aeon
3. Personalized medicine will work great for white men. What about the rest of us?
By Emily Mullin in MIT Technology Review
4. Why did Americans stop buying life insurance?
By Peter R. Orszag in Bloomberg View
5. Schools have found a new strategy for boosting brain health in kids: Exercise.
By Lillian Mongeau at Hechinger Report
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement