In an E! News interview alongside her Wrinkle in Time co-stars Mindy Kaling and Reese Witherspoon, Oprah shared that even though she’s a very high-profile public figure, she does many of her day-to-day errands on her own, things like paying her own bills and going to Starbucks to get her own coffee.
When Kaling heard that Oprah went on coffee runs, she wondered aloud what it would be like to wait on Oprah, joking, “Imagine writing ‘Oprah’ on a coffee cup.” Of course, Oprah had a hilarious anecdote to share about her most recent trip to Starbuck’s, where the barista for some unknown reason, had no idea who Oprah was.
“Oh my god, I just went two days ago,” Oprah shared. “And the woman said ‘name?’, and I said ‘Oprah’, and she said ‘how do you spell that?'”
Seeing as how Oprah sometimes has a hard time recognizing her fellow celebs like Leonardo DiCaprio and The Weeknd, it’s probably safe to assume that she could sympathize with this barista.
Watch the full clip below.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023