Alexis Ohanian surprised his wife, Serena Williams, with four billboards outside Indian Wells, California.
It’s unclear whether Ohanian was inspired by the film Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri or if he just wanted to make sure that Williams couldn’t miss the message on her way to the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, where she is scheduled to take part in the 2018 BNP Paribas Open. Either way, the billboards made a big splash. The billboard featured adorable photos of both Williams and the couple’s five-month-old daughter, Alexis Jr., alongside the acronym G.M.O.A.T. (Greatest Momma of All Time).
Ohanian couldn’t have picked a better venue for his grand display. Williams boycotted Indian Wells for 13 years following a racist incident in 2001. She ended her boycott in 2015, explaining her decision in an op-ed for TIME. Whether Williams wins or loses at Indian Wells, it’s clear that she has already won when it comes to having a supportive family.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time