By Will Self in Literary Hub
2. By taking internet literacy for granted, we ensured the success of foreign digital trolls.
By Kevin Munger in the Outline
3. SNAP food assistance consistently lifts millions out of poverty. Why change it?
By Laura Wheaton, Emily Peiffer and Victoria Tran at the Urban Institute
4. Bring back the negative book review.
By Rafia Zakaria in the Baffler
5. This is the best time of day to learn a new language.
By Burr Settles and Masato Hagiwara in Quartz
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now