After spending the past few days acting as an envoy for President Donald Trump at the Games, the First Daughter made waves by leading the U.S. delegation at the ceremony.
There were a number of positive reactions to Ivanka’s attendance, with some supporters praising her decision to stand and clap for the North and South Korean athletes.
However, many were critical of Ivanka representing her father’s administration in South Korea. Team USA skier Gus Kenworthy even went viral for speaking out against Ivanka on Twitter. “So proud of all these people! Everybody here has worked so hard to make it to the Olympics and have the opportunity to walk in the closing ceremony!” he wrote in a tweet that had been liked over 42,000 times by Sunday night. “Well… Everyone except Ivanka. Honestly, tf is she doing here??”
See a selection of the responses below.
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.