Move over Alina Zagitova. Step aside Mirai Nagasu. And yes, even Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, please take several seats for a moment.
There’s a new act in town, and it’s this guy, the Olympics streaker who crashed the festivities in PyeongChang, South Korea, Friday wearing a bubblegum pink tutu and sock with a monkey on it.
The invader arrived on the ice after the Men’s 1,000-meter Speed Skating event, and while he didn’t attempt any quads, triple axels or death spirals like the world’s fiercest figure skating competitors who came before him, he is a man with a ponytail and a message.
Inked on his chest were the words “PEACE AND LOVE.” At least he waited until the event was over, and wants everyone to get along. So if judges gave points for good intentions, perhaps he’d nab some of those.
This isn’t his first big ticket disruption.
The man was quickly identified as Mark Roberts, a U.K.-based man with a plan who has pulled stunts like these at more than 500 events including the right after the controversial Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show starring Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake.
He even crashed the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. Also in a tutu.
See the Olympic streaker video for yourself.
The internet has thoughts because when you arrive on such a widely viewed scene looking like that, it’s just what happens.
Some compared the invasion of the “Soy Bomb Guy” at the 1998 Grammy Awards.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now