Looking at a reflection of himself on the television, the president remarked, “what a nice picture that is, look at that, I’d love to watch that guy speak,” as the audience began cheering.
He then turned around and fixed his famous hair.
“I try like hell to hide that bald spot, folks, I work hard at it,” he said. “We’re hanging in there folks — together we are hanging in.”
He then turned to discussing his accomplishments on the judicial circuit, noting the number of judges that have been confirmed to the bench during his tenure in the White House.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve