1. Learn the surprising value of rearranging seating in your office.
By the Harvard Business Review
2. Let workers decide who counts as ‘family’ for paid sick and family leave.
By Richard Reeves at the American Enterprise Institute
3. Can we justify the carbon footprint of the Olympic games?
By Warren Mabee in Smithsonian
4. America needs to confront the relationship between gun violence and toxic masculinity.
By Ashley Alese Edwards in Refinery 29
5. A form of patient capitalism is helping keep American manufacturing jobs around.
By Meredith Haggerty in Racked
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief