U.S. figure skater Adam Rippon did not medal in his final event at the 2018 Winter Olympics, but he remains an Olympic star nonetheless.
Rippon emerged as a fan favorite during the Olympics, loved especially for the artistic beauty of his routine, his honesty and hilarious tweets. He also made headlines for a feud with Vice President Mike Pence over the politician’s stance on gay rights. The skater took home a bronze medal in the team event for figure skating.
Rippon finished in the men’s figure skating long program Friday, and although he didn’t earn a medal in that event, it was clear by his performance’s end that he has a permanent place in many people’s hearts.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk