U.S. figure skater Adam Rippon did not medal in his final event at the 2018 Winter Olympics, but he remains an Olympic star nonetheless.
Rippon emerged as a fan favorite during the Olympics, loved especially for the artistic beauty of his routine, his honesty and hilarious tweets. He also made headlines for a feud with Vice President Mike Pence over the politician’s stance on gay rights. The skater took home a bronze medal in the team event for figure skating.
Rippon finished in the men’s figure skating long program Friday, and although he didn’t earn a medal in that event, it was clear by his performance’s end that he has a permanent place in many people’s hearts.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time