U.S. figure skater Adam Rippon did not medal in his final event at the 2018 Winter Olympics, but he remains an Olympic star nonetheless.
Rippon emerged as a fan favorite during the Olympics, loved especially for the artistic beauty of his routine, his honesty and hilarious tweets. He also made headlines for a feud with Vice President Mike Pence over the politician’s stance on gay rights. The skater took home a bronze medal in the team event for figure skating.
Rippon finished in the men’s figure skating long program Friday, and although he didn’t earn a medal in that event, it was clear by his performance’s end that he has a permanent place in many people’s hearts.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023