European countries have dominated the Winter Olympic games, with well over 100 Olympic medals as of Friday morning. Norway and Canada have the most medals, while Germany comes in third and the United States comes in fourth.
Although more than 100 nations have competed in the Winter Olympics since the first games in 1924, just 44 countries have brought home Olympic medals, according to data from Sports Reference.
See how many Olympic medals each country has won in the table below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time