The star U.S. skier will race in the women’s super-G, downhill and combined competitions in PyeongChang, South Korea, with her first event, the super-G, set to take place on Friday, Feb. 16. She recently announced that she was choosing to sit out the giant slalom, explaining that her knee “is just not really in a place to do that,” according to NBC.
Back in 2010 in Vancouver, Vonn took home gold in the downhill as well as bronze in the super-G. She will look to extend this medal streak come Friday.
“I obviously have been waiting a very long time for these Olympics,” she said during a Feb. 9 press conference. “I’ve had a lot of ups and downs since Vancouver, but I feel like I’m coming into these Olympics on a hot streak. I am skiing exceptionally well; I have a lot of confidence.”
Watch the run that won Vonn gold in Vancouver below.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time