Amy Schumer tied the knot with her boyfriend Chris Fischer in a private ceremony in Malibu on Tuesday, but on Thursday, her thoughts seemed to be with the victims of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.
After sharing some photos of her and Fischer’s nuptials on Instagram, Schumer appeared to address the tragedy—which took the lives of 17 people and injured at least 14 others—in a text post on the social media site.
The 36-year-old actor went on to pay tribute to two victims of the fatal shooting at a 2015 screening of her film Trainwreck. “Thought of Mayce and Jillian a lot yesterday and sending love to everyone who has been affected by gun violence,” she concluded.
Everytown is a nonprofit working to end gun violence in the United States through stricter gun control laws.
See the post below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time