“Happy Valentines Day babe,” a plain white card reads in the photo, which appears to be placed on a counter of some sort. The post has no caption, but already has 180,000 likes and rising within 35 minutes of its upload.
For a while there, the rest of Kanye’s Instagram profile was just as bare as his post. His avatar still is blank white, which was an intentional choice, otherwise a white silhouette over a grey background would be visible had he opted not to upload a profile picture. As of Wednesday afternoon, there were no other posts on his grid, rendering the rest of his page blank white as well until he shared a photo of the Obamas.
Minutes later, Kim appeared to give a response — albeit on a different platform, Twitter.
“Happy #ValentinesDay!” she tweeted with a photo of her and Kanye kissing, which links back to her website. Earlier in the day, she posted an additional tribute on Instagram, gushing: “I love you to infinity! Happy Valentine’s Day!!!”
Kanye first went dark on both networks on May 5, 2017, and his Twitter remains down. Social media users and publications alike speculated what prompted the Yeezus rapper to make such a decision. The optimistic hope was that he was working on a new project, perhaps in music. Now that has he vaguely resurfaced, are we due for some new Kanye tunes? Perhaps we’ll find out soon.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022