His seventeen-year-old daughter nailed back-to-back 1080s, taking the gold home, but her father’s laminated sign proved that he was excelling at a different sport: dad coaching. As an adult man with a purple marker, he really struck a chord with folks at home.
He’s just one of many Olympic parents bursting with pride in PyeongChang, where emotional stakes are high. But there were a lot of people who found this particular dad move heartwarming.
We now have the obscure but time-honored sport of competitive parental Winter Olympics 2018 signs. Please be advised that all one needs to qualify is maternal or paternal pride and access to basic arts and crafts.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org