As phenom Chloe Kim’s father Jong Jin Kim watched her shred the Women’s Half Pipe on Monday, his homemade sign caught the Internet’s eye.
His seventeen-year-old daughter nailed back-to-back 1080s, taking the gold home, but her father’s laminated sign proved that he was excelling at a different sport: dad coaching. As an adult man with a purple marker, he really struck a chord with folks at home.
He’s just one of many Olympic parents bursting with pride in PyeongChang, where emotional stakes are high. But there were a lot of people who found this particular dad move heartwarming.
We now have the obscure but time-honored sport of competitive parental Winter Olympics 2018 signs. Please be advised that all one needs to qualify is maternal or paternal pride and access to basic arts and crafts.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk