Rippon, who made headlines ahead of the Olympics with spirited critiques of Vice President Mike Pence, set the internet ablaze with his song choice for the event, a mashup of Cinematic Orchestra’s “Arrival of the Birds” and Coldplay’s “O,” which appeared on their 2014 album, Ghost Stories.
According to Billboard, the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympic Games are the first Olympics where singles and pairs can skate to songs with lyrics – a boon for Rippon and Coldplay. In fact, since Rippon performed to his medley with Coldplay, the song is now rising on U.S. iTunes charts.
The internet wasn’t shy about their feelings on Rippon’s song selection and took to social media to share their thoughts.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time