Adam Rippon delighted the internet with his joyous debut performance at the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea, a program that netted him third place in his category.
Rippon, who made headlines ahead of the Olympics with spirited critiques of Vice President Mike Pence, set the internet ablaze with his song choice for the event, a mashup of Cinematic Orchestra’s “Arrival of the Birds” and Coldplay’s “O,” which appeared on their 2014 album, Ghost Stories.
According to Billboard, the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympic Games are the first Olympics where singles and pairs can skate to songs with lyrics – a boon for Rippon and Coldplay. In fact, since Rippon performed to his medley with Coldplay, the song is now rising on U.S. iTunes charts.
The internet wasn’t shy about their feelings on Rippon’s song selection and took to social media to share their thoughts.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction