Rippon, who made headlines ahead of the Olympics with spirited critiques of Vice President Mike Pence, set the internet ablaze with his song choice for the event, a mashup of Cinematic Orchestra’s “Arrival of the Birds” and Coldplay’s “O,” which appeared on their 2014 album, Ghost Stories.
According to Billboard, the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympic Games are the first Olympics where singles and pairs can skate to songs with lyrics – a boon for Rippon and Coldplay. In fact, since Rippon performed to his medley with Coldplay, the song is now rising on U.S. iTunes charts.
The internet wasn’t shy about their feelings on Rippon’s song selection and took to social media to share their thoughts.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow