Actor Reg E. Cathey has died at the age of 59. Cathey was known for his roles in “House of Cards” and “The Wire.”
“The Wire” creator David Simon announced Cathey’s death Friday with a tribute on Twitter.
“Not only a fine, masterful actor — but simply one of the most delightful human beings with whom I ever shared some long days on set. On wit alone, he could double any man over and leave him thinking. Reg, your memory is a great blessing,” Simon wrote.
Cathey’s cause of death has not been confirmed. Cathey won an Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actor in 2015 for his performance on “House of Cards.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement