The 2018 Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang may have just started, but Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir’s blistering commentary on figure skating is already in full swing. The former Olympians, known for their strong opinions and even stronger personalities, spared no one’s feelings with some reporting on early events that was basically a lesson in how to expertly throw shade.
Lipinski and Weir’s commentary about the ice skating performances so far quickly captured the collective interest of the Internet, netting a range of emotions; some viewers were living for the shade, while others would have preferred a gentler delivery. Either way, one thing’s for certain — when shade like this is thrown so dexterously, it should probably be an Olympic sport of its own.
Read on to see the Internet’s feelings about Lipinski and Weir’s ice skating commentary at the Winter Olympics so far.
And then there were Hunger Games comparisons to their outfits.
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement