The 2018 Winter Olympic Games in Pyeongchang may have just started, but Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir’s blistering commentary on figure skating is already in full swing. The former Olympians, known for their strong opinions and even stronger personalities, spared no one’s feelings with some reporting on early events that was basically a lesson in how to expertly throw shade.
Lipinski and Weir’s commentary about the ice skating performances so far quickly captured the collective interest of the Internet, netting a range of emotions; some viewers were living for the shade, while others would have preferred a gentler delivery. Either way, one thing’s for certain — when shade like this is thrown so dexterously, it should probably be an Olympic sport of its own.
Read on to see the Internet’s feelings about Lipinski and Weir’s ice skating commentary at the Winter Olympics so far.
And then there were Hunger Games comparisons to their outfits.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up