The Cleveland Cavaliers in particular made a number of notable last-minute switch-ups, sending Isaiah Thomas and Channing Frye to the Los Angeles Lakers, Derrick Rose and Jae Crowder to the Utah Jazz, Iman Shumpert to the Sacramento Kings and Dwayne Wade back to the Miami Heat, according to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.
Naturally, the Internet couldn’t help but respond to the news of this roster clean-out by unleashing a whirlwind of memes poking fun at the Cavs’ remaining powerhouse, the one and only LeBron James. As trade reports streamed in, basketball fans took to Twitter to crack jokes about King James’ response to the trade turmoil.
“Ty Lue be like ‘alright everybody, let’s go around the room introducing yourself!,” tweeted Cleveland Sports Talk, referencing Cavs head coach Tyronn Lue. “‘Say your name, where you are from and one thing you like about LeBron.'”
See a selection of other LeBron-inspired reactions below.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022