1. To improve learning and motivate kids, get them outside.
By the Technical University of Munich
2. Why is suicide risk so high for doctors?
By Matt Hoffman and Kevin Kunzmann in MD Magazine
3. This super wood is stronger than steel — and could replace it as a building material.
By the A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland
4. Decolonization is freeing South Africa to reshape its approach to science and tell its own story.
By Linda Nordling in Nature
5. To care for their aging population, Japan is looking to robots. Is the U.S. next?
By Daniel Hurst in the Guardian
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement