A tour bus carrying the cast and crew of “Dancing with the Stars: Live! Lights Up the Night” was involved in a crash in Iowa Monday that left one person dead.
The incident occurred on Interstate 80. CBS News reports all of the cast and crew members of the show are “fine,” although some sustained minor injuries. The group was set to perform at Iowa State university’s campus in Ames. The bus was involved in a 19-vehicle pileup that killed one person.
Monday was a particularly bad one for Iowa’s highways. State Troopers reportedly responded to 185 accidents across the state where snow and ice have made many highways hard to navigate. One crash on Interstate 35 involved close to 70 cars, making it the “worst” authorities in the area say they’ve ever seen.
More snow is expected to fall in the state Tuesday
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow