Killer robots, scenic vistas and rampaging android bulls — Westworld has revealed its eagerly awaited season 2 Super Bowl trailer. Above is HBO’s extended 90-second version of the sci-fi drama’s new ad (a 30-second version ran during the big game).
The trailer is narrated by rancher’s daughter turned host rebellion leader Dolores (Evan Rachel Wood) who declares, “this world is a lie, and we’ll burn it to the ground and build a new world, our world.”
Shots include mysterious looks at falling snow (where are they?), that unfinished host looming and moving behind Bernard (Jeffrey Wright) and a stunning sequence of killer robotic bulls herded by newly woke host Maeve (Thandie Newton). The bulls are sent charging through the adult theme park’s behind-the-scenes labs, trampling soldiers who we assume were sent to Westworld to suppress the host uprising.
The ad was directed by series co-creator Jonathan Nolan, who once again has picked a modern classic song for instrumental re-imagining by the show’s composer Ramin Djawadi — in this case, Kanye West’s “Runaway.”
As a kicker, the ad finally revealed the Westworld season 2 premiere date: April 22.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms