As Trump punctuated his first State of the Union address to Congress with applause, a nearby microphone amplified his own clapping.
Hillary Clinton’s former running mate Sen. Tim Kaine also got a taste of the internet’s jokes for his clapping, but the sound of Trump’s hands was the major talking point.
See a sampling of the reactions below.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body