1. You’re more likely to trust a stranger if they look like an old friend.
By New York University
2. Black unemployment is at a record low. But there’s more to the story.
By Lydia DePillis at CNN Money
3. Institutional power — that protected people and enforced norms — has broken down. What’s left?
By Katherine Miller at Buzzfeed News
4. America needs to focus on getting more women in the workforce. Here’s why.
By Eleanor Krause and Richard V. Reeves at the Brookings Institution
5. So-called ‘chain migration’ is a myth. Smart family immigration policies are an engine for economic prosperity in America.
By Cecilia Muñoz in Politico Magazine
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement