While Cardi B’s refreshing candor on the 2018 Grammys red carpet made headlines for the irrepressible “Bodak Yellow” rapper, her performance of “Finesse” with the night’s big winner Bruno Mars, also tickled the fancy of the collective Internet.
During the performance of the song, Cardi B and Bruno Mars appeared in full ’90s-inspired regalia that reflected the In Living Color feel of the track’s music video. Cardi, in particular, really leaned into the theme by sporting a custom Moschino look in bright colors, complete with a long duster coat and a bucket hat.
Needless to say, Cardi’s performance — and her outfit — made quite the impression on the Internet, who thought that the look might have been inspired by a youthful activity.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve