While Cardi B’s refreshing candor on the 2018 Grammys red carpet made headlines for the irrepressible “Bodak Yellow” rapper, her performance of “Finesse” with the night’s big winner Bruno Mars, also tickled the fancy of the collective Internet.
During the performance of the song, Cardi B and Bruno Mars appeared in full ’90s-inspired regalia that reflected the In Living Color feel of the track’s music video. Cardi, in particular, really leaned into the theme by sporting a custom Moschino look in bright colors, complete with a long duster coat and a bucket hat.
Needless to say, Cardi’s performance — and her outfit — made quite the impression on the Internet, who thought that the look might have been inspired by a youthful activity.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com