While Cardi B’s refreshing candor on the 2018 Grammys red carpet made headlines for the irrepressible “Bodak Yellow” rapper, her performance of “Finesse” with the night’s big winner Bruno Mars, also tickled the fancy of the collective Internet.
During the performance of the song, Cardi B and Bruno Mars appeared in full ’90s-inspired regalia that reflected the In Living Color feel of the track’s music video. Cardi, in particular, really leaned into the theme by sporting a custom Moschino look in bright colors, complete with a long duster coat and a bucket hat.
Needless to say, Cardi’s performance — and her outfit — made quite the impression on the Internet, who thought that the look might have been inspired by a youthful activity.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now