The singer-songwriter, who is nominated for two Grammys, gave a performance of her songs “Joanne” and “Million Reasons”—and during the set, she said directly into the mic, “Time’s up.”
In the wake of the #MeToo fallout, a number of entertainers throughout the music and film industries have unified to call out sexual harassment and abuse in the workplace. A legal fund established in support of victims has raised more than $19 million on GoFundMe so far.
Gaga additionally pinned a white rose to her garb as an act of solidarity with the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements. A number of stars could be seen on the Grammys red carpet wearing the same pin.
Gaga was nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance for “Million Reasons” as well as Best Pop Vocal Album for Joanne.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow