1. Robots will have plenty of work to do at the Winter Olympics.
By Michael Koziol in IEEE Spectrum
2. Why are we born with baby fat?
By Morgan K. Hoke in Sapiens
3. California wanted to bridge the digital divide but left rural areas behind. Now that’s changing.
By Jazmine Ulloa in the Los Angeles Times
4. Hourly workers aren’t disposable. Here’s how to engage and retain them.
By Kimberly Gilsdorf, Fay Hanleybrown and Dashell Laryea in the Harvard Business Review
5. The rest of the world doesn’t want our used clothes.
By Adam Minter in Bloomberg View
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement