The famous groundhog will be looking for his shadow, which is believed to signal six more weeks of winter. If the animal is unable to see his shadow, superstition dictates that spring will begin early.
Punxsutawney Phil is set to come out of his burrow at 7:25 a.m. at Gobbler’s Knob.
The town of Punxsutawney has been holding the annual event since the 1880s, according to The Punxsutawney Groundhog Club, which organizes and livestreams the event each year.
You can watch the moment Punxsutawney Phil checks for his shadow above.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time