Located in Los Angeles, F I F T Y is scheduled to be open for three days only — from Friday, Feb. 2 to Sunday, Feb. 4 — and will almost certainly be an popular Instagram destination for the weekend.
“The world of Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele will be brought to life in F I F T Y, a pop-up experience with six artfully designed rooms inspired by the Fifty Shades phenomenon,” reads a press release from Universal Pictures. “The immersive installation will feature custom art pieces, along with costumes and props from the film.”
But while this new development may be a game-changer for fans of the franchise, others are questioning what the experience will actually entail. “Coming to LA: A pop up art installation that I can only imagine will include an Instagrammable Red Room of Pain and promotional ben wa balls,” wrote Twitter user Jen Yamato. “Or as one email describes: ‘the Fifty Shades of Grey version of the Museum of Ice Cream.'”
The pop-up will be free to the public with both pre-registered and walk-up time slots available.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time