Joel Taylor, former co-star of the Discovery Channel’s reality docu-series Storm Chasers, has died at age 38, his friends announced on social media.
Taylor and his colleagues captured viewers’ attention beginning in 2008 with thrilling pursuits of storms in Tornado Alley, the portion of the central United States where those natural disasters often occur. The show ran through 2012.
His storm chasing team in Elk City posted a tribute to him on Facebook, People reports: “Joel Taylor was truly an inspiration to … many who knew him. He was one of the most level headed chasers on the roads and truly a classy guy outside of chasing. He didn’t chase for the glory he chased because he had a true passion for storms.”
Other colleagues, such as former co-star Reed Timmer, shared their thoughts about Taylor on Twitter: “I am shocked and absolutely devastated by the loss of my incredible, caring friend,” Timmer wrote. “We chased so many intense storms, and I wish we could have just one more storm chase. I’ll miss you forever, Joel. We lost a legend.”
The cause of death was not immediately announced.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now