After Timberlake tweeted a joking question about the meaning of having your cake and eating it too, Farrow responded by criticizing him for supporting the Time’s Up movement while praising a “sexual predator.” Timberlake wore a Time’s Up pin to the 2018 Golden Globes after starring in Allen’s 2017 film Wonder Wheel.
“Random question: Can someone please explain the saying, ‘You just want your cake and to eat it too,'” Timberlake wrote. “What else am I about to do with a cake??”
“The saying means, for example, you can’t support #TIMESUP and praise sexual predators at the same time” Farrow replied. “You can’t retain your credibility as an activist (i.e. – retain the cake) and, at the same time, praise a sexual predator (i.e. – eating the cake).”
Allen has always denied the allegations brought against him by Farrow.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State