The 2018 Oscar nominations are in, but surprisingly, it wasn’t only the nominees that captured the attention of viewers this morning. Girls Trip star Tiffany Haddish blessed us all by presenting the nominees alongside fellow presenter Andy Serkis, effectively stealing the show (and hearts) with her irrepressible commentary throughout the ceremony.
From deciding based on the nominations that seeing Dunkirk was probably a good idea (“I gotta see this Dunkirk. It seems like a lot of people like it”) to charmingly mispronouncing Get Out star Daniel Kaluuya’s name (“He know his name,”) Haddish was non-stop fun during a usually pretty snooze-worthy presentation.
While the nominees will have to wait until March 4 to find out whether or not they are winners, the clear winner today was Haddish, something the Internet emphatically sounded off on on social media, with many calling for Haddish to get an award just for presenting the nominations or for this to be her bid for hosting the ceremony next year.
Watch Haddish present all the nominations in full below.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive