1. Better parental leave could help fight sexual harassment at work.
By Katie Bethell in the Guardian
2. The first year of the Trump presidency could have been much worse. We got lucky.
By Eliot A. Cohen in Foreign Affairs
3. This algorithm can help resettle immigrants where they will integrate best.
By Alex Shashkevich at Stanford University
4. What happens in a post-secrecy world?
By Alexis Sobel Fitts in Backchannel
5. It’s time for Apple to build a less addictive phone.
By Farhad Manjoo in the New York Times
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now