After the Corowa RSL Club shared a photo on social media of a sandwich that was apparently returned by a customer because its two halves weren’t exactly the same size, the Internet began to weigh in on the complaint.
“Close but not close enough – the girls were 5mm off a direct [center] cut yesterday,” the club wrote in a Tuesday Facebook post. “This was brought back as a legitimate complaint + the roll was replaced. For those who have worked in hospitality you will understand the randomness – if you can’t have a laugh, life will be pretty dull!”
Naturally, many were surprised by the seemingly insignificant nature of the grievance. “An outlet in Australia had to replace a sandwich this week when staff failed to cut it in half precisely enough,” tweeted fellow sandwich shop itsTiBBits. “You can’t make this up!”
See a selection of the responses below.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time