President Trump will end his first year in office more unpopular than any president in modern history, according to a poll released Friday.
A new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds that just 39% of Americans approve of Trump’s performance, the lowest figure the poll has found for a modern president completing one year in office, according to NBC News.
Trump’s overall approval rating is lower than past presidents at the same point in their positions, including George W. Bush, who ranked 82%, Bill Clinton at 60% and Barack Obama, who was at a 50% approval rating one year in.
Trump’s approval ratings have maintained a steady low across different polls during his first year in office.
Fifty-seven percent of respondents to the NBC/WSJ poll said they disapprove of Trump, including 51% who said they “strongly disapprove.” According to the poll, 46% of men approve of Trump while just 33% of women responded the same.
The poll, which surveyed 900 adults, has an overall margin of error of plus or minus 3.3 percentage points.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.