During a trip to the Welsh capital of Cardiff with fiancee Prince Harry on Thursday, Meghan wore a chic all-black look and accessorized it with a dark green handbag and her now trademark messy low chignon. While the ensemble appeared to be fairly commonplace, the brands she chose to sport were a study in fashion diplomacy. Meghan wore a black coat by Stella McCartney, a designer who’s known for her cruelty-free and sustainable luxury clothing and paired it with a handbag by DeMellier London (formerly Milli Millu), which uses proceeds from each bag to prevent child mortality through the charity SOS Children’s Villages.
Meghan really showed her social consciousness, however, with the decision to wear a pair of black jeans from Hiut denim, a small Welsh brand that is credited with boosting employment for the town of Cardigan, a shrewd style choice that not only supported the local business of the place she was visiting, but also highlighted her support for Welsh employment.
Markle might not be a princess yet, but her fashion choices show that she’s definitely ready to take on the role.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time