1. Soon you could buy lunch or check in for your flight with just your face.
By Aaron Mak in Slate
2. Africa is sending us its best and brightest.
By Tyler Cowen in Bloomberg View
3. The Pentagon has a new artificial intelligence — and it’s already hunting terrorists.
By Marcus Weisberger in Defense One
4. What is transforming America’s cities? Declining violence.
By Richard Florida in Citylab
5. This a is the golden age of free speech, but it’s poisoning democracy.
By Zeynep Tufekci in Wired
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement