1. The popularity of local news is dropping fast. Here’s how to reinvent it.
By Mark Effron in Mediashift
2. When they crawl, babies are kicking up and inhaling clouds of bio-gunk. And that’s ok.
By Purdue University
3. Trump wants to cut off Pakistan. Is the alliance worth saving?
By Richard N. Haass in Project Syndicate
4. Your local government could offer better — and cheaper — internet service.
By Jon Brodkin in Ars Technica
5. Cities were designed for men. That is changing.
By Fouad Khan in Nautilus
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement