Wine night took an unexpected turn for a man in northern Russia whose desire for some vino and complete boredom in the moment compelled him to not only steal an army tank but to drive it into the window of a convenience store, where he then proceeded to sift through the wreckage to steal a bottle of wine.
According to the BBC, citing regional outlet Hibinform.ru, witnesses say that the man not only was “bored” but also intoxicated, something that video captured at the scenes appears to capture. The man was arrested by the local police with the same bottle of wine that he stole, but he did not resist arrest. No one was injured, but the man appears to have left quite a bit of destruction in his wake.
Sometimes, the thirst is truly real.
Watch footage of the crash below.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears