Every Swiftie worth their salt knows the pop star’s mythology like the back of one of her zines. In fact, fans have made the almost academic exercise of analyzing her song lyrics a pastime as honored as her favorite holiday, the Fourth of July.
Swift has released seemingly reference-laden videos in the past, including “Ready For It” and “Look What You Made Me Do.” In those cases, many of the theories that pop up online are pure speculation, while others have appeared to score likes on Tumblr from the pop star’s team. In “End Game,” there’s only so much to draw from a few oblique references, but that didn’t stop fans from going full Harriet the Spy.
Screen shots of snake things? Yes, the Internet had those. But fans also had theories about her necklace and even the hit horror film It.
Here’s some of the imagery people are flipping out for.
One fan had a theory about her references to eye color.
Others couldn’t help but relive the movie It.
Some pointed out a possible reference to Swift’s boyfriend, Joe Alwyn.
While others couldn’t help but notice her ongoing interest in serpents.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.